How to Revert to iTunes 12.5 from iTunes 12.6?
After upgrading to the latest release of iTunes 12.6, many people found Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum for Mac doesn't work properly. If you are now facing such a problem, please kindly note that that this is because Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum for Mac is not compatibility with iTunes 12.6 now. Our R & D team are now working on it and trying to fix the problem ASAP. But before the official version is available, we suggest you can try to downgrade iTunes 12.6 to iTunes 12.5 temporarily.
Part 1: Please uninstall iTunes 12.6 from your Mac
Step 1: Please open the Applications folder and find the iTunes app file (/Applications/iTunes.app). Right-click (or Control-click) on iTunes and select Get Info.
Step 2: Locate and click on the padlock icon on the bottom right side of the window and enter your admin password. This is necessary in order to make changes to the app’s permission settings.
Step 3: Please expand the Sharing & Permissions section of the window if it’s not already visible and change the privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write.
Step 4: Close the Get Info window and try again to drag the iTunes application file to the Trash.
Part 2: Download iTunes 12.5 to your Mac
Please download the older version of iTunes through https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/ITunes. Please note that the older version of iTunes may not recognize your iTunes library in iTunes 12.6. You need reload the iTunes library.
Part 3: Reload Your iTunes library
Step 1: Please go to your own iTunes Library (your home directory –> Music –> iTunes).
Step 2: Click once on the “iTunes Library.itl” file and then click your cursor into the filename under the icon. Add “.old” as a suffix.
Step 3: Open a folder called “Previous iTunes Libraries” in that same directory.
Step 4:The most recent copy of your iTunes Library is the one with the “.itl” suffix. That’s what we want. Duplicate it (select it and choose File –> Duplicate), then drag the duplicate up to the “iTunes” folder one level above.
You can also drag the original and leave the copy behind, of course.
Step 5: Click on the filename, then click *into* the filename just once, so you can change it’s name. Remove the date stamp so that it just reads “iTunes Library.itl”, then relaunch iTunes.
Part 4: Stop iTunes Automatic Updates
Launch iTunes, go to menu bar and choose "iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced". Disable the "Check for new software updates automatically" option and then click "OK" to save the setting.
Tips: Haven't fixed your problem with those steps? Please feel free to contact our support team for help.
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices