iTunes M4V to AVI Converter: Convert iTunes Protected Movies to AVI
Q: Is there a way I can convert my iTunes video files from their M4V format to AVI?
"I want to be able to play the video files I downloaded from iTunes on my Android tablet which won't play M4V files - the format the iTunes video files I downloaded are in. It seems that iTunes movies are protected by Apple's DRM FairPlay and the movies with M4V extension are not allowed to play on non-Apple devices? Is there any piece of software that will let me convert those M4V files to AVI format so that I can import them into my Android tablet to watch?"
Best Answer: One of the top-leading iTunes video converter is Tune4mac M4V to AVI Converter, which will help you to strip off the DRM protection from iTunes movies and convert them into AVI format you want.
"The movies you downloaded from iTunes are usually in M4V format and DRM-protected. In order to convert the M4V to AVI format, you need to remove the DRM protection from the iTunes movie first. But with Tune4mac DRM M4V to AVI Converter, an ultimate solution to remove DRM protection and convert iTunes M4V to AVI, you are able to transfer iTunes movies to your Android devices with ease."
--- Tune4mac Studio
Tune4mac iTunes M4V to AVI Converter has always been the best iTunes DRM removal software in this area. It gets frequent upgrades along with iTunes and Mac OS X. And it's totally compatible with the latest iTunes 11 and Mac Mountain Lion.
Here's a how-to: Convert iTunes Movies to AVI with Tune4mac
Note； If you are using Windows OS, you may need Tune4win iTunes M4V to AVI Converter.
Extended Reading: .M4V & .AVI (From Wikipedia.com)
What's M4V: The M4V file format is a video file format developed by Apple and is very close to the MP4 format. The differences are the optional Apple's DRM copy protection, and the treatment of AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio which is not standardized for the MP4 container. Apple uses the M4V files to encode TV episodes, movies, and music videos in the iTunes Store.
What's AVI: Audio Video Interleaved (also Audio Video Interleave), known by its initials AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback. Like the DVD video format, AVI files support multiple streaming audio and video, although these features are seldom used.
Related Topic: How to Convert iTunes Movies to MP4 on Mac
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices