How to Fix Tune4Mac Fails to Launch iTunes 12.6.0?
Apple iTunes just released the new version 12.6.0. After testing, we are sorry to inform you that if you are running Mac OS 10.11 or macOS Sierra 10.12, you may encounter conversion failure issue after updated to iTunes 12.6.0. To help you make it through, we offer 2 trouble-shooting solutions to make Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum for Mac work under this situation temporarily before our programmers fix this problem on the next update.
Method 1: Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)
Starting with macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) Apple has introduced System Integrity Protection (SIP). The steps shows you how to configure your machine by partially disabling the new setting, so that you can run Tune4mac program.
Before you do this, it is important to get informed about what System Integrity Protection is, and what it means to turn it off. If you decide to partially disable SIP, you will be able to install and run Tune4mac as before.
1. You must boot into the Recovery OS. You do this by restarting your machine, and holding
COMMAND + R until the Apple logo appears. Then select Terminal from the Utilities menu.
2. In the window that opens, type
csrutil enable --without debug and press return.
3. This turns off the part of SIP that Tune4Mac needs to run. Now type
reboot and press return to restart your machine. After restart, please install the latest version of Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum on your Mac.
How to enable System Integrity Protection (SIP) again?
To secure your computer, we suggest you enable SIP again if you don't use Tune4mac to convert. Please quite Tune4mac, then boot into the Recovery OS.
In the window that opens, type
csrutil clear and press return. Now type reboot and press return to restart your machine.
Method 2: Downgrade iTunes 12.6.0 to iTunes 12.5
If you don't want to configure the SIP settings, you could also revert to iTunes 12.5 to make Tune4Mac work normally under Mac OS 10.11 or macOS Sierra. There are 3 steps:
1. Uninstall iTunes 12.6.0 from your Mac
2. Download iTunes 12.5
3. Reload your iTunes library
Please refer to the detailed guide "How to Downgrade iTunes 12.6 to iTunes 12.5".
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie