M4V Converter -- Convert Unprotected M4V and DRM protected M4V
As Wikipedia indicated, the M4V file format is a video file format developed by Apple and is very close to the MP4 format. The differences are the optional Apple's DRM copy protection, and the treatment of AC3 (Dolby Digital) audio, which is not standardized for the MP4 container. To play a protected M4V file, the computer needs to be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase or rent the video. However, there are unprotected M4V files too.
Here is an article to discuss how to convert the unprotected and DRM protected M4V videos.
• To Convert Unprotected M4V Videos
The easiest way to convert unprotected without AC3 audio may be recognized and played by other video players is to change the file extension from ".m4v" to ".mp4".
Otherwise, software needed, such as Any Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, or Any Video Converter Free for Mac. They both could convert unprotected M4V videos, and could conforming videos to compatible formats with different devices, like PSP, Blackberry, Android, etc. and also capable for merging, cropping and trimming videos, while Ultimate could even burn M4V videos into DVD.
• To Convert DRM protected iTunes M4V Videos
DRM is abbreviated from Digital Rights Management, as its name indicates, it is used to strengthen copyright protections of digitized audio and video contents, such as making backup copies of CDs or DVDs, lending materials our through a library.
As for iTunes videos, the purchases and rentals are DRM protected.
It seemed to be complicated to convert iTunes M4V movies and TV shows out from the DRM protection, but actually, the process is as easy as converting the unprotected M4V videos. We firstly download and install iTunes DRM M4V Converter application, which could remove DRM protection and convert videos to formats such as .mov, .mp4, .avi, .flv, etc.
With such DRM removal application, DRM M4V videos can be converted in 3 steps:
1. Launch the program, iTunes would be automatically opened, then click "Add" button on the top left corner, this will bring up a list of movies that you purchased or rented in iTunes.
2. Choose the favorite video you want to convert, and press "Profile" to set a format.
3. Click "Convert" button to start the conversion and in few minutes (depends on the size of the video) the video will be DRM free.
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- Keep Subtitles of iTunes M4V
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes M4V
- Mirror iTunes M4V to TV with Chromecast
- Watch iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Review
- Video Players-iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen with Kids
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Top 5 DRM Video Converters
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- iTunes 1080p M4V to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices