How to Stream Spotify Music to Apple TV
Apple TV is not a TV at all. It's a small box that plugs into an HDMI port on a TV and lets you access a range of apps so that you can stream and download TV content.
It includes apps for Netflix and other streaming services, catch-up apps for TV channels like BBC iPlayer or All 4, and iTunes and other platforms to let you buy or rent digital copies of films and TV shows. You can use Apple TV to share photos and videos directly from your iPhone or iPad to the big screen, or play your music through your TV sound system.
Spotify is a music, podcast, and video streaming service, comparable to Apple Music. But you can't play Spotify music on Apple TV. Why? That's because Spotify hasn't developed an app for the Apple TV. If you have a Spotify account, you can stream Spotify music to Apple TV by two solutions.
Solution 1: Connect Spotify with Apple TV over AirPlay
With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream Spotify on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8 and above) to an Apple TV device or another Mac.
1. Connect your computer to the same WiFi as your AirPlay device.
2. Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar, and select your device.
3. Play a song on Spotify, and beautiful music will now flow through your speakers.
Solution 2: Simple Guide of Converting Spotify Songs to Apple TV
As we know, users can stream Spotify music for offline playing with Premium membership. However, these offline music files are essentially a cached stream, which are encrypted by DRM protection. Owing to DRM, users can only play the streamed music through the Spotify client. So it's difficult for you to stream your Spotify songs to Apple Music.
Don't worry, we will offer you a simple way to convert Spotify music files to MP3 without any quality loss and play them on any devices you own. Tune4mac Spotify Audio Converter is an all-in-one Spotify to MP3 Converter, which can help you remove DRM protection from Spotify songs and download them by converting to MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV audio formats.
The following is a guide to help you convert Spotify tracks, albums and playlists for playback on Apple TV. This Spotify Converter is for both Spotify Free and Spotify Premium users.
Step 1. Install the program on your computer and launch it.
Step 2. Add Spotify songs to the program.
You can click + button to paste the track or album's links to the blank dialog. Or directly drag and drop any music track or playlist or album from Spotify app into the program interface.
Once the selected files are added to the program, click OK.
Step 3. Select output format as you need.
Click the setting button on the upper right corner of the window. You can choose MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV as output format from the pop-up Setting window. You can also change Output Folder to save the converted Spotify songs.
Step 4. Start Spotify music conversion.
Click Convert button, the program will start converting Spotify music automatically.
Step 5. Stream your Spotify songs to Apple TV.
Once the conversion finished, click the history folder to locate the converted Spotify songs. Then transfer the converted Spotify playlists to your iTunes library. Now you can stream Spotify music from iTunes to Apple TV with AirPlay like solution one.
Besides, you can also share Spotify songs from iTunes to Apple TV by using Home Sharing. Firstly, open Home Sharing on your Apple TV, and then turn on Home Sharing in iTunes, enter your Apple ID and password. Now you can use Home sharing on your Apple TV.
Now you can listen to Spotify Music on Apple TV on the go.
Note: The trial version of TunePat Spotify Converter has 3-minute conversion limit. You can unlock the time limitation by purchasing the full version at $14.95.
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices