How to Play Spotify Music on HomePod
Like Google Home and the Amazon Echo, HomePod is a new powerful Siri-based speaker that sounds amazing developed by Apple Inc.. Siri can search songs within the music library in advance. You can ask questions and receive replies, instruct smart home devices, or control music.
Comparing with Google Home and the Amazon Echo, Apple is focusing heavily on audio quality and it is equipped with seven tweeters for 360-degree sound output, and a 4-inch woofer to handle bass inside.
Can I use Spotify on HomePod?
The speaker requires you have an iOS device to use it, and it demands an Apple Music account to make use of Siri-powered voice control playback. You can only stream music on the HomePod through an Apple Music subscription, iTunes purchases, or iTunes Match content uploaded to iCloud Music Library.
To play Spotify music on Homepod, you can use AirPlay from your other Apple products with Spotify installed. The other method is convert Spotify music and transfer them to Apple platforms so that you can play Spotify music through HomePod.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify with HomePod through AirPlay
1. Open Spotify and choose a track to play.
2. On the main screen that shows song details, tap on "Devices Available."
3. Choose "More Devices."
4. Tap on the icon for your HomePod, and music will be streamed directly to it.
It will take a few seconds for the iPhone or iPad to connect to HomePod, but once it's connected, your music will be streamed to HomePod from your Apple device.
Part 2. Convert Spotify Music to iTunes Music for playback on HomePod
Apart from using AirPlay, you can go to try Tune4Mac Spotify Audio Converter. It allows you to download music from Spotify so that you can import those files to iTunes. In this way, you can play Spotify tracks on the HomePod via iTunes.
Before we started, download the Spotify Music Converter, install and launch it on the computer. Spotify application will be automatically launched at the same time.
Step 1. Add Spotify music or playlists to the program.
Click + button in the top left of the interface, then a window will pop up. Then right-click on Spotify song, album or playlist and copy the playlist link, then paste the link to the box. You can also simply drag and drop the song or playlist to the pop-up window.
Step 2. Set Output Format.
click the settings icon on the upper right corner of the screen. You can set output format and change the location of the Output Folder as you like.
Step 3. Start downloading Spotify Music.
Click Convert button to start Spotify music downloading process. All the downloaded Spotify music will keep all ID3 tags like song title, album, artist, artwork, etc.
Step 4. Import Spotify music to Apple Music.
After conversion, you can find the downloaded Spotify tracks on history folder. Now you can import the converted Spotify music to Apple Music in two ways. You can drag the files to the iTunes window directly. You can also choose File > Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library, locate a file or folder, then click Open.
Now you can use Siri to play Spotify music or playlists on your HomePod at ease.
Note: The trial version of NoteCable Spotify Converter has 3-minute conversion limit, and users can convert 3 songs at a time. You can unlock the time limitation by purchasing the full version at $14.95.
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices